Submitting a Complaint to the Municipality of South Huron
The Municipality of South Huron is committed to providing excellent service to the public and to continuous improvement of operations in an environment where all complaints are dealt with fairly in a respectful, transparent manner, as quickly as possible.
What is a complaint?
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction related to a municipal program, facility, service or staff member, where a citizen believes that the Municipality has not provided a service experience to the customer’s satisfaction at the point of service delivery and a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected.
Complaints will be addressed in a confidential manner according to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Information is collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the Act, and for the purposes of responding to a complaint and improving services where possible, as per the Municipal Complaint Policy.
Complaint against elected officals and/or members of local boards?
Section 223.3 of the revised Municipal Act, supra, enables a municipality to appoint an "Integrity Commissioner" to address the application of the Code of Conduct for elected officials and/or members of local boards.
A complaint is distinct from:
- Request for Service – Request for Service Form
A request made to the Municipality by a citizen, or on behalf of a citizen, for a specific service, or to notify the Municipality that a scheduled service was not provided on time. Examples include:
- Requesting that the Municipality repair a street surface
- Reporting a street light that is not working
- Notifying the Municipality of a missed garbage collection
- Reporting a By-law Infraction – By-Law Infraction Report Form
Examples of by-law infractions include:
- Property standards issues such as long grass, debris or derelict vehicles on a property;
- Animal Control issues such as a dog running at large, continuous barking, operating a kennel without a kennel license etcetera.
A general or specific request for information regarding a municipal product or service made by a citizen that is resolved at the point of service delivery.
- Compliment – Please submit by email: clerk [at] southhuron.ca
An expression of approval for a Municipal service, staff member, program or process.
- Suggestion - Please submit by email: clerk [at] southhuron.ca
An idea submitted to the Municipality by a citizen with the aim of improving services, programs or processes.