“So You Wish to Run for Council?”
The Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) is pleased to announce that the 2018 update to So You Want to Run for Council mid to late February, 2018. This course is geared to individuals who are planning to run for a seat on municipal council.
Current and retired members of council designed “So You Wish to Run for Council?” and it presents the challenges and opportunities candidates will face through the campaign and as sitting members of council. The course content is valuable for anyone running for council, as it not only examines the rules that govern him or her but also brings to light some of the cultural and soft knowledge pieces that influence the lives of members of council. Course content covers:
- Reasons That You Should and Should Not Run for Council;
- What You Should Know Before You Run for Office;
- Dealing with the Media;
- Techniques for Working with Others;
- The Roles of Council Members and Staff;
- What the True Power and Influence of Municipal Government is;
- Transparency and Accountability in Government;
- and much more...