Contact Police For emergency assistance
- if there is an immediate risk to someone’s life or property
- to stop or report a crime in progress
- to report a fire
What constitutes an emergency for which a 9-1-1 call is appropriate? For more information about calling 9-1-1, click here. You can also call 1-888-310-1122 24 hour toll free, anywhere in Ontario
For non-emergencies call1-888-310-1122 or 1-888-310-1133 (TTY)
The OPP has an online Citizen Self Reporting tool that allows you to report minor crimes such as theft, property damage and driving complaints. You can use this tool to submit a report from your computer or mobile device without going to an OPP detachment. All submissions will be sent directly to the OPP and reviewed by an officer. You can use the Citizen Reporting Tool for:
- Lost/missing property under $5,000
- Stolen license plates or validation stickers
- Theft from a vehicle under $5,000
- Mischief to a vehicle under $5,000
- Mischief (damage to property other than a vehicle) under $5,000
- Theft under $5,000
- Driving Complaints
Some occurences cannot be reported online - follow this link for information on how to determine whether your occurance qualifies for online reporting.
Follow these local OPP Twitter accounts for important and timely information.