April 16, 2018
Storm causes service disruptions
The storm over the weekend has caused several issues in our region to be aware of. The public is advised of the following service disruptions:
• Plugtown Line between Huron Rd. and Foster Rd. (formerly Dump Rd.) is closed due to downed power lines.
• Sunshine Line between Kirkton Rd. and Huron St. is closed due to downed power lines.
• Elimville Line between Park Rd. and Whalen Line is closed due to downed power lines.
• Blackbush Line between Mount Carmel Rd. and South Rd. is closed due to a culvert issue and is expected to reopen today by 10:30 a.m.
• The South Huron Landfill (71230 Ausable Line) is closed today due to a power outage. At this time, the landfill is expected to reopen tomorrow, April 17th, for regular hours.
The Municipality would like to thank members of the community for their patience while staff and service providers work to correct these problems. For further information, contact the South Huron Chief Administrative Officer, Dan Best, by email at cao [at] southhuron.ca or by phone at 519-235-0310.
Regarding power outages, the public is reminded to contact Hydro One (hydroone.com, 1-800-434-1235) to report a problem and to receive the latest information on restoration efforts.
Regarding flood messaging, the public is reminded to contact the Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority (abca.on.ca, 1-888-286-2610) for the latest information in the South Huron region.
CORPORATION OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF SOUTH HURON
322 Main Street South, P.O. Box 759 Exeter, Ontario N0M 1S6
Office 519-235-0310 Toll-Free 1-877-204-0747 Fax 519-235-3304
www.southhuron.ca info [at] southhuron.ca (info [at] southhuron.ca)