Get To Know Your Council
South Huron has an elected body consisting of seven representatives. Council was elected on October 27, 2014 and took office on December 1, 2014 to serve for a four year term.
Council Roles & Responsibilities
It is the role of the Head of Council (the Mayor):
- to act as chief executive officer of the municipality;
- to preside over council meetings;
- to provide leadership to council;
- to represent the municipality at official functions; and
- to carry out the duties as the head of council under this or any other Act
It is the role of Council:
- to represent the public and to consider the well-being and interests of the municipality;
- to develop and evaluate the policies and programs of the municipality;
- to determine which services the municipality provides
- to ensure that administrative practices and procedures are in place to
- implement the decisions of council;
- to maintain the financial integrity of the municipality; and
- to carry out the duties of council under this or any other Act
To view the Municipality of South Huron's Vision, Mission and Values Statement please click here.
To view the Council/CAO workplan please click here.